Monday, October 15, 2007

Runner Email 15 October 2007

Twelve days, 16 hours. Darn, it's getting pretty close.

Couple of neat things here--

I heard from Howie over at the Grand Rapids Press. Some of the guys over there would like to follow a marathon runner the day of the marathon, from the time he or she wakes up, through the preparation process, out to the starting line, then on the marathon course. Live (or semi live) webcast on MLIVE. Might be interesting. Anyone want to volunteer? I'll send the first few responses I get to Howie, and his people will call your people...

You probably know about Chicago. As a result, we've had to scramble to get a lot more preparations done. Our staff has done their usual great job though, and we'll be ready for you.

The shirts this year are again long sleeve Brooks Podium shirts. They're one of the coolest race shirts in the world. We even had them do a special run for us in CRIMSON, which usually only comes in the short sleeve shirt.

Well, here's where it gets a little crazy. With all the extra registrations, we won't have enough crimson shirts for everyone. We will, however, have some navy ones. SO...if you prefer navy, you're in luck. Might make you look thinner or something? At least that's what my fashion consultant tells me.

You may have noticed that sometimes I try to be funny in these emails. Most of the time it works. Once in a while I might offend someone a little bit. If that happens to you, please accept my apology and know I didn't intend to offend. And if you think I'm funny, well, (Yeah, funny LOOKING, my one daughter would always say.) I appreciate that.

Training opportunities this weekend--the Mercantile Bank Run Through the Rapids at the YMCA downtown this Saturday morning could be fun. 5K & 10K. 9:00 a.m.
Then on Sunday, our staff has what I call our "dress rehearsal" run. Since we're pretty busy on the 28th, we'll run the marathon on the 21st. You're welcome to come out at 8:00 and run part of the course with us. Or meet us at Millennium Park around 8:45, or somewhere out on the course and do a few miles with us. A little company is always appreciated. Don't overdo it though--we want you fresh for marathon day.

12 days, 15 hours and something now!! Tempus fugits, don't you think?

and the adventure continues....
Don

No comments:

Metro Health Grand Rapids Marathon

www.grandrapidsmarathon.com Don Kern, Race Director - cooladventures@aol.com 616 293 3145